Many circumstances and reasons can force you to find a new dental clinic in your city. You have probably done your homework right, and now an appointment has been scheduled. The first appointment with your new dentist is an important one, and in this post, we have listed down a few major aspects worth remembering.
- Know your dentist. Is your dentist certified by dentiste plateau? What are his qualifications, credentials? What about his background? While you can always ask these questions by calling the concerned clinic, it is always better to know the details in person. On your first appointment, make it a point to break the ice.
- Questions and more questions. Dental procedures can be complicated, and there are risks involved. As a patient, you may have your queries, and it is extremely important that you get your answers. Apart from a routine checkup, dentists don’t necessarily start the treatment in the first appointment. In case you have specific questions related to the treatment or want to know the other options, don’t shy away from discussing the same.
- Find more. Most of the cosmetic dentistry procedures are not covered under insurance, which is one of the aspects you need to consider. The more sessions required, the more will be the final cost of the treatment. Check if you can take the benefits of insurance and the number of sessions required. If the clinic is too far, you might not have the travel time required for many appointments. Also, some clinics may offer diagnosis services for an added charge, so check those prices, as well.
- Check the atmosphere. A lot of people are scared of dentists. Those needles, pricking tools, an uncomfortable chair and big machines can be hard to deal with. As such, the staff of the dental clinic and dentist himself is expected to make the patient comfortable. Do consider this aspect, especially if you are opting for a complicated procedure.
- Know the available services. On your first appointment, you need to know what else a dentist and his clinic can offer. Some clinics also offer a spa experience, where massages are offered to the patient while the dentist is doing his job. You can also expect cosmetic treatments at some of the regular clinics.
Do your homework and select a dental clinic with care, because it won’t be every day that you will select a dentist.